The Doctor’s Wife is the reason I never accept River Song as married to the Doctor
I love TARDIS in a body I love her she’s fun she’s so fun
I love Capaldi already
I love The Doctor’s Wife
nazi on my dash
I’ll take this one since I’m the blog’s resident Jew. Oy vey, where do I start…
- SJ community loves to police Jewish identity and silence actual Jews when they talk about their own identities. This usually happens in context of either “Are Jews White?” or “Jewishness is just a religion” conversations. In reality, Jews are an ethnoreligious group that ethnically originated in the middle east, and while some ethnic Jews have light skin, it’s actually due to centuries of forced assimilation in European and Slavic countries through rape, which is a big reason why Jewishness is matrilineal. Furthermore, there exist Jews who do not look white at all. There are black, brown, and asian Jews who are all ethnically Jewish, and these conversations erase them.
- "Jewish privilege". Fact: It’s not a thing. It’s actually a very common anti-semitic trope that says that Jews run everything so they are not oppressed. Jews are oppressed, and face anti-semitic violence.
- "Anti-semitism is not just about Jews, there are other semitic people." While yea, there are other semitic people, the term "anti-semitism" was created by Germans in the 19th century to refer specifically to the hatred of Jews because it sounded more scientific.
- Blaming anti-semitic violence in Europe on the actions of Israel. I see this literally every single day on this site, and it’s very upsetting. Jews that live in the diaspora are not responsible for Israel’s actions, and especially should not be suffering at the hands of white people in Europe under the guise of anti-zionism.
- Finally, and this is a big pet peeve of mine. The only people I ever see reblogging posts about anti-semitism are other Jews. Even a lot of my non-Jewish followers will reblog posts about racism, sexism, homophobia, etc. but ignore posts about anti-semitism, and that as a Jew makes me feel unsafe.
That’s enough for now. If you’re interested in learning more about Jewish identity and anti-semitism, you are welcome to check out my personal blog: yochevedke. I discuss that stuff a lot.
Another Jew reblogging about anti-semitism. I’ve seen some increase in concern about this from goyim, but it’s been slow going. Hopefully we’ll pick up a big head of steam soon.
“The only people I ever see reblogging posts about anti-semitism are other Jews. Even a lot of my non-Jewish followers will reblog posts about racism, sexism, homophobia, etc. but ignore posts about anti-semitism, and that as a Jew makes me feel unsafe.”
As a Jew, I’m actually terrified to talk about antisemitism when I see it, cause it’s been so belittled and minimized for me.
Please call it out, guys, just like you would any other kind of bigotry or racism.
I am not Jewish and am thoroughly uneducated on this subject. Until reading this post I had never even heard the term anti-semitic before. I know it isn’t much but I hope my reblogging of this is at least something.
I’m not sure whether to be reassured or terrified that anti-Semitism isn’t a well known thing in Korea, but still, good on this person for doing what they can for awareness.
If you’ve been keeping up with what the media is saying about Darren Wilson, you may have read this article that claims he suffered a blowout fracture: a fracture of one or more bones surrounding the eye. Here is a screencap from the article of “Darren Wilson’s” CT scan. Also known as “lol_bc_not_darren_wilson.jpg”
When the article later stated that “police sources” said 12 witnesses had taken Wilson’s side, I was incredible skeptical, obviously.
[I also want to mention that this article is using pictures of the convenience store where the owner’s lawyer blatantly stated that Mike Brown did not steal anything.]
This article lists the side effects of an orbital blowout fracture. It also posts a video taken by Piaget Crenshaw, a woman who lives on the street where Mike Brown was killed. The video shows Darren Wilson standing around Mike’s body soon after his murder, showing no signs of pain; and you see the officer he’s reporting to acting like Wilson hasn’t been injured at all. That isn’t very likely for someone who would have visible signs of trauma.
The second article also shows “Darren’s” CT scan, and one that looks exactly like it, but: in the corner it says UNIV OF IOWA ETC-TC. Just to check up on this, I looked up the words “university of iowa blowout fracture” and set Google to where it would show posts from before this year, guess what.
On uiowa.edu, this CT scan was on a page made in 2008. [It’s about all kinds of eye trauma.] Here’s a screencap with the url in it so you can see what I’m talking about, if you don’t want to scroll through a page with graphic injuries.
I don’t know why they thought they could get away with this at all, oh my god. The article that says Darren Wilson was injured is a complete fallacy, and the police released this information to make Mike Brown seem like a “thug.”
(“There’s no more racism in America! We have a black President!”)
Now listen to me. If an article does not post credible sources (“two local St. Louis sources” does not count at all) or only goes off what the police is saying: double, triple, quadruple check it before you share the information, just to cause less hysteria for everyone trying to stay updated on these horrific events.
What they won’t show you on CNN tonight: Ferguson residents line a parade of roses down W Florissant, leading to where Mike Brown was taken from this world. #staywoke #powerful #insolidarity